Midwives use Born Bonded and Comfort Zone to empower expectant parents to bond with their baby.
Training for Midwives
Empower expectant parents to bond with their baby using my unique Born Bonded antenatal programme. This programme was developed following 25 years experience in the NHS as a Clinical Psychologist. It is designed to educate parents about the emotional health of their baby and to give them a simple tool to help them bond. 85% of parents who completed this programme said they felt more bonded afterwards. This programme introduces and incorporates part of Comfort Zone and is intended to be used in pregnancy. It is a useful addition to your ‘toolkit’ as there are few interventions in this area.
What is Born Bonded?
- Born Bonded is the antenatal version of Comfort Zone which is an intervention you can use with parents to be to help them meet the emotional needs of their baby
- It is potentially most effective when used in pregnancy
- It is based on Attachment Theory (Bowlby 1969) and aims to promote secure attachments
Recognition for Comfort Zone
Comfort Zone has been piloted, peer reviewed, published and presented at the following conferences:
- Northern Association of Infant Mental Health December 2013
- World Association of Infant Mental Health June 2014
- Marce Society September 2014
- British Psychological Society Division of Clinical Psychology December 2014
How can Born Bonded help midwives?
- Using Born Bonded antenatally helps parents feel more bonded with their baby
- It is a positive and rewarding intervention
- It gives a simple language to discuss the emotional development of the baby starting in utero
I can assist midwives with consultation, training and workshops. Please contact me to discuss your requirements and find out more.